Sunday, March 6, 2011

Daily Fun Boxes

This is one of my ideas that I thought of after reading about tot school.  I have found five medium sized cardboard boxes that we had out in the garage.  I set them all out on the kitchen table and went through all my toys, learning games, art stuff, puzzles, books, and music.  Then, I put stuff in each box from each category- so that each box was eventually filled with fun stuff to do.  Then, I put each box in my daughter's closet.  Now, my intention is to use one box per day this whole week.  This is an experiment for us and the first time we have ever done something like this.  But, I thought this might help us to have some fun things to do together throughout the day.  This way, I will not be scrambling for something new to pull out and this also helps me to feel like we have a little bit of a plan.  I'm excited to pull out the Monday box tomorrow and see how this whole thing goes over.  Here are some pictures of the contents of our Monday box:


 These are a couple of our favorite books, but we have not read any of them for awhile, so I plan to make this one of our activities.
 This is our beloved set of little people, furniture, cars, and the house (from when I was a kid).  I think this means more to me right now than it will to Joelle, but it's fun to get stuff like this out every now and then.  She is starting to enjoy stuff like this just a little bit more than she did a couple months ago and I'm sure her interest will grow with time.
 This is a Time for Tots color matching game.  I highly recommend Time for Tots on Etsy.  She has so many neat game packs already put together that you can purchase to do with your tot.  I know this may be a little advanced still for my girl, but if we can just have fun with it for now with no goal in mind I think we will do just fine.  She always loves to look at and explore new things!
 This is one of our favorite art activities- Markers and stickers!  I know this one will be a hit for sure- especially since she just recently figured out how to peel a lot of the stickers off of the sheet by herself!
Our neighbor gave us a bag full of Christian kid's tapes.  So I thought it would be fun to use a different tape every day.  Joelle absolutely loves music!

This is a boxed learning set about animals that I picked up at a yard sale once for a dollar!  She may not be completely ready for this yet, but she has never seen it, so I thought it would be fun to pull it out and explore.  It has a floor puzzle, animal flash cards, and an animal photo book.  So, we'll see what she thinks of this.

Well, that is what we are looking forward to for tomorrow.  I will post again later with pictures of Little Miss enjoying the contents of the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...