Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Wednesday Fun Box

Today we saw the sun shining outside and decided to go to the park.  We went to the park near our library and walked to the library for story time, then walked back to the park afterwards.  I got so excited about the sun shining that I even packed a picnic lunch for us to have at the park.  But, I guess it is still winter afterall!  The wind was blowing so cold that I decided we would have to skip the picnic as I thought I was going to freeze on the walk back to the park.  So, we headed home and had lunch inside.  It was a fun idea anyway.  And it was nice to get some fresh air and go for a walk.  Maybe one day soon it will actually be warm when the sun is shining!

Before we even got dressed this morning, Joelle noticed the fun box.  I think she is starting to see it as a little bit of a routine.  So, I let her choose a game out of it to play with.  She picked the little shopping basket with the cardboard food (that I bought at Micheal's once from the dollar bins).  She had fun dumping all the food out and putting it back in the basket again.  Then, we listened to her music tape and read all three of the books from the box.




After Joelle's nap, we did a couple of other things from the box.  The Time for Tots game today was searching for tiny objects in a pan of rice.  She thoroughly enjoyed this, and we did this for probably half an hour.  She even really liked it when I buried her hands in the rice and then she would pull them out real quickly.  I think she enjoyed the sensation of the rice on her hands.



These are the tiny objects we found in the rice!

Then we worked on her farm animals sticker book for awhile.  She was having fun putting all the cat and kitten stickers on the appropriate page.  After that, she played by herself for a little while, while I did some laundry.  She played with the Fisher Price cash register for a little while by herself.



Joelle was also really into dressing herself again today!  At one point I found her in her room with pants all around her on the floor.  She had pulled them all out of the drawer and was trying them on one by one!  She is getting pretty good at figuring out how to put them on and take them off.  I didn't really mind that she had made the mess with her clothes today.  I don't let her do this every day, but it was a good activity for her today and she was having a great time!



Tomorrow, we have another fun box to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...